Q2 – Week 10 – 1/24 – 1/28
1/24 – Monday – A Day –
1. Let’s Start with a review of the Gibbs Free Energy Formula: ΔG = ΔH – TΔS.
I will write the 4 possible conditions including the Always Rule, Never Rule, and the Sometimes Rule (entropy, enthalpy driven)
2. Let’s Relate this to the “Cool Uplifting Demo” with the diagram below:
3. Solidification Demo –
Today’s Notes on the board:
Hand warmer demo: Is this spontaneous? Why must heat be given off in order to for this solution to become a solid? When has this physical process reached equilibrium?
1/24 – Monday’s Homework: –
4. Review with the key – There are mistakes in my key. Question 1 b should have 2 phosphates NOT 3 and 7b should be Exergonic NOT Endergonic! I feel bad and I am over it.
ATP Cycle worksheet .pdf
ATP Cycle worksheet Key.pdf
1/25 – Tuesday – B Day –
2. Equilibrium and ΔG =
Equilibrium and ΔG =
Metabolism, Thermo and enzyme Presentation:
Equilibrium Tank Demo:
1/25 – Tuesday’s Homework: –
End of Tuesday!
1/26 – Wednesday – B Day
Catalase Lab – 2H2O2 —-> 2H2O + O2
1/26 – Wednesday’s Homework: –
End of Wednesday..
1/27 – Thursday – A Day
1. All lab groups need to complete the pH and boiled enzyme tests.
pH screencast lecture:
1/27 -Thursday’s Homework: –
1. Catalase Lab – DUE Friday
|Remember that tertiary proteins are long chain polypeptides (amino acid linked together) that take an active form (shape) by the R groups attracting each other. There are 4 types:
a) Ionic – positives attract negatives
–H+ and OH– compete with these!
b) H – bonding – electron deficient Hydrogens
– Strongest attractive force
– Strongest force (chemical bond)
d) Hydrophobic – LDF’s – (non-polar attractions)
– weakest attraction
Answers for question in notes above.
Cellular Respiration – Bioflix video:
End of Thursday..
1/28 – Friday – B Day
1/28 -Weekend’s Homework: –
1. Please review your graded Genetics Test. I will link the test to everyones personal email as some students are still finishing. Use the key to understand what you did wrong. If you find an error in my grading or have a question please write it down an ask me Monday.
Link to the Genetics Test: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bH3jtLSyDGbs4p0M1_OAQ-sDGwDgrlTV/view?usp=sharing
Once you have reviewed your tests, which I will collect Monday, please use the link below to make a total of 6 posts in the Genetic Test Forum.
2 unique posts that you create –
3 posts that you respond to others in the class –
2. Please read the following:
3. Complete the Form below:
End of 2nd quarter!!