Q2: Week 2 – Archive
Week of 11/17 – 11/21
Monday 11/17 – period 1 –
1. REview CAT 5
2. Lab 9 – Boyles Law lab continues
1: Please watch Mole video 1 & 2
2: Fill form for each video.
3: Have a party.
4: Stop party.
Tuesday 11/18 – period 7/8 –
Demo: Fire Syringe, Balloon comparison
1: Mole concept with gases
a) Avogadro’s/ Hypothesis
b) Mole concept
2: Redo Lab 9 DATA – Please download your own (one person from each lab group)
Boyles Law Lab.cmbl
HW: (RAT 21 tomorrow – I am grading tonights form (I am counting the better of the last nights hw with tonights!)
1: Please watch lecture 1.21 – Mole concept 1 (this is a review of what I did today)
2: Please complete side one of Mole diagram questions 1 step and 2 0607.pdf and 1 & 10 only of side 2.
We did several together on side 1.
3: Review with Key that is posted above.
4. Complete side 2 of the Daltons law regents land.pdf worksheet. I gave this to you a few days ago and I am posting it here if you do not have it.
4. Please add the answers to this worksheet to a form below:
(I will count the better of the 2 grades from last nights homework.)
More Mole Concept Resources!!
Wednesday 11/ 19 – period 7
1: RAT 21 – mole concept review
1: Please watch lecture 1.22 – Conversions through moles.
This will review concepts on todays RAT and help with tonights homework.
Jackie please wait till I post the lecture first!!!
Lecture 1.22 –
2: Please complete 6 .questions below and put into the form below:
1. What is the number of liters that 37. 3 grams of nitrogen (N2) would occupy at STP?
a) 29.9 L b) 16.8 L c) 1.67 L d) 22.4 L e) None of the choices are correct
2. How many grams of CO2 gas would occupy 50.0 L at STP?
a) 19.7 g b) 2200 g c) 25.5 g d) 98.2 g e) None of the choices are correct
3. How many molecules of water (H2O) will equal 100. grams?
a) 1.08 x 1023 b) 3.34 x 1024 c) 6.02 x 1025 d) 2.45 x 1023 e) None of the choices are correct
4. How many grams would of Argon (Ar) gas would equal 7.23 x 1022 atoms?
a) 6.34 g b) 40.0 g c) 4.80 g d) 333 g e) None of the choices are correct
5. What volume of Nitrogen gas would have the same number of molecules as 105 Liters of SO2 gas.
a) 105 L b) 210 L c) 22.4 L d) 10.5 L e) None of the choices are correct
6. How many moles of Hydrogen atoms are in 2 moles of water?
a) 2 moles of H atoms
b) 4 moles of H atoms
c) 1 mole of H atoms
d) 8 moles of H atoms
e) None of the choices are correct
Thursday 11/20 – period 1/2
1: RAT 21 Complete/THere is no second RAT today.
(there will be a new RAT tomorrow)
Last nights HW (blank for review)
2: Kinetic Molecular Theory
Real Gas vs Ideal Gas
Ammonia vs HCl
Sulfur hexafluoride vs Helium
Manometer with pourous Cup.
Molecular Motion demomnstrator
Lecture on Real vs Ideal Gases (its what I did in class)
1: Please complete the Grahams law and kinetic theory.pdf worksheet and review with key:
2: Please complete the following questions (I will take the best out of last 2 homeworks).
3: Fill out the form with your answers.
1. How many liters of a gas at STP will 100. g of propane, C3H8 occupy?
a) 2240 L b) 4.46 L c) 9.86 L d) 50.9 L e) None of the Choices are Correct.
2. How many molecules of methane, CH4 does it take to have 36.0 grams?
a) 2.68 x 1023 b) 1.35 x 1024 c) 2.17 x 1025 d) 6.02 x 1023 e) None of the Choices are correct
3. How many moles of water, H2O are in 50.0 grams?
a) 2.78 moles b) 0.36 moles c) 1120 moles d) 50.0 moles e) None of the Choices are correct
4. Which of the following gases is the most REAL?
a) CH4 b) H2O c) C3H8 d) Ar e) None of the choices are correct.
5. How many moles of hydrogen atoms are in 3 moles of methane, CH4 ?
a) 3 moles b) 6 moles c)12 moles d) 8 moles e) None of the choices are correct
6. How many liters of methane gas is needed to equal the number of molecules in 87.9 L of propane gas if both gases are under the same temperature and pressure?
a) 3.92 L b) 87.9 L c) .255 L d) 176 L e) None of the choices are correct.
Friday 11/21 – period 7 –
RAT 22 (1 – 5)
1: Please complete the CAT 6 and DOG 2 Review Worksheet
Specific questions that are applicable to the CAT 6 on the Review worksheet are:
1 – 6, 21 – 42.
2: Review with the Key.
3: Please feel free to review the whole unit below:
DOG 3 Review Material:
CAT 5 (1st half of Gas Law unit)
Pressure unit conversions (manometers), V, P, n, T (absolute) relationships. Combined gas law and STP.
|Blank RATS||RAT KEYS|
| Readiness Assessment Test 17 – Lecture 1.17.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 17 – Lecture 1.17 key.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 18 – Gas Law Slides.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 18 – Gas Law Slides KEY.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 19 – Lecture 1.18R.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 19 – Lecture 1.18R KEY.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 20 – Lecture 1.19 1.20R, 1.21R .pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 20 – Lecture 1.19R 1.20R, 1.21R KEY.pdf
gas law regents level dittos 0910.pdf
|gas law regents level dittos 0910 key.pdf
|CAT 5 Blank:
CAT 5 – Gas law quiz 1.pdf
|CAT 5 KEY:|
CAT 6: Review Material:
CAT 6 (2nd half of Gas Law unit) –
Mole Concept, Avogadro’s Hypothesis, Kinetic Molecular Theory (real vs ideal gas).
|Blank RATS||RAT KEYS|
| Readiness Assessment Test 21 – Mole Concept.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 21 – Mole Concept KEY.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 22 – Mole KMT.pdf
| Readiness Assessment Test 22 – Mole KMT KEY.pdf
|Important blank worksheets||Keys|
| Grahams Law and kinetic theory key.pdf
| Mole Conversions Homework .pdf
| Mole Conversions Homework 1 Key.pdf
| Mole Conversions Homework 2.pdf
| Mole Conversions Homework 2 Key.pdf
Lab 9 data by group
3: LAB 9 DATA COLLECTION
sara mk rachel jenny jackie.cmbl
Tahira, Cara, Kelly, Sam, Antonio.cmbl